[3830] 222Up AC0RA(@AC0RA/R) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 2 20:25:11 EDT 2020

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2020

Call: AC0RA
Operator(s): AC0RA
Station: AC0RA/R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: en31xx

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  32  Total Score = 33,898

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Pretty slow but knew that was going to be the case especially with only 1 band.
I ended up getting on about 6 hours Saturday and about 5 on Sunday. I'm sure I
missed a few qsos in the first 4 hours and the last 3 but i had other things
going on this weekend so full effort wasn't an option.

Station was my 222 rover setup in field. 7wl at 25ft and 700w.

qsos per mode
16-ssb
11-ft8
4-fsk441
1-msk144

best dx per mode
1012 miles to k7uls on fsk441
947 miles to n4svc on msk144
513 miles to ke8fd on ft8
410 miles to ww8m on ssb

I'm thinking about half the ft8 qsos could have been made ssb but sometimes they
don't start strong until both stations get antennas aimed. Really wish there
were more stations on 222 MS as well. Its not nearly as hard as people think
with decent antenna and power. The biggest issue seems to be software.

Thanks to the three rovers who made the log k9pw/r, w0zq/r and k9jk/r.

73 Wyatt
AC0RA