[3830] 222Up AF1R/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 3 00:17:55 EDT 2020

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2020

Call: AF1R/R
Operator(s): AF1R
Station: AF1R/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:   5
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  32  Total Score = 4,311

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Team:

Comments:

Just a low-key effort for this competition.

Worked from three locations.

FN41lv
Saturday afternoon was tough. It was hot erecting my big antennas for 222, 432
and 1.2G, then heard no one and no one responded to my CQs. Had to arrange some
skeds on the phone to make any contacts.

FN42jg
Moved to my second location and finished erecting the antennas at 7:15 P.M.
Despite having a clear shot to the west heard only a couple of stations, and had
to make skeds for most of my activity. All of the activity disappeared after
8:15 P.M., there were no answers to multiple CQs on 222 and 432.

FN42bl
On Sunday I only worked from one location, the parking lot at the summit of Mt.
Wachusetts. I couldn't put up any antennas so I was restricted to whips on the
car. Much more general activity, and only had to arrange a couple of skeds.

Made one contact on 927.5 MHz FM with my old Kenwood TK-981 radio. Wish I could
find more competitors who have these inexpensive old commercial radios, to take
advantage of the nice 4X multiplier for this band.

For the weekend, spent 5 hours driving 180 miles