[3830] 222Up K1TEO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 3 09:28:58 EDT 2020

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT

  1.2:   45
  2.3:   19
  3.4:    8
  5.7:    8
  10G:    5
  24G:
------------
Total:  246  Total Score = 196,061

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Team: Really Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Still one of my favorite contests because it is fairly laid back and I enjoy
spending time trying to make microwave contacts. Without 6  and 2 this contest
allows more time to do so. Activity remains lower than I'd like. I did see some
commenting online and on the air that they aren't operating because of Digital.
Out of all the major contests this one had by far the least digital activity -
out of 246 QSO's a total of 6 were made on FT8 (4 on 432 and 2 on 222). One was
on FM and the rest were SSB/CW.

Condx were generally so-so here except some local enhancement Saturday night.
The Packrat beacons in FM29 were over S9 on most bands just before I pulled the
plug around 0300z. That's several s units above normal.  Unfortunately there was
little activity at that point to take advantage of the condx.

My score is a little lower than last year. The QSO total was very close but I
had fewer QSO's on 3G and up. That was mainly because a few rovers on those
bands who were on last year were not on this year. Tnx to those rovers who were
out!

Equipment was mostly fine except an error in the shack that disconnected the 12v
supply from the 10G amplifier. The 432 amp stopped working mid morning with some
kind of control problem that caused the relays to stop working. I operated at
100w for the remainder of the contest.

And finally a special tnx to Dave, K1RZ. I was using N1MM for logging since it
has the distance scoring. It's the only time I use it all year and I was having
some issues. Dave took the time to help me Saturday night which was greatly
appreciated.

Tnx for the Q's and to the ARRL for sponsoring the contest. I encourage everyone
to get on and have fun in this event in future years!

Jeff K1TEO