[3830] NAQP CW WN4AFP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 3 10:31:21 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

   15:    3     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  211    89  Total Score = 18,779

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SWAMP FOX PLATOON

Comments:

Started at 2pm, took break to fix lawn mower and cut grass... hAD FAMILY HEALTH
EMERGENCY...  a call that my mom had a prob. Went to her house and called EMS...
went to ER.I could not stay with patient, so I returned home and worked two more
hours running for an hour on 40m and an hour on 80m. At the two hour point,
which was around 0330z, I went back to the ER adn missed the rest of the
contest. All OK with ER...  My best rate was 240 q/hr and  multiple 2 and 3 per
min rate. I figured that it was a CW contest with a static report.... so i made
my own rules to maximize my few hours on the air.

Each CQ took about 3 seconds and a contact took 15-20 seconds, faster if the op
matches my speed, and some did. So my 40 wpm worked in my favor in this
contest.I followed VE3DZ's running approach and it worked very good for me.

 A few of my QRQ friends hit me back at 42-44. What fun it was!

I averaged 50+ Qs per hour. During the 0200z, I picked up 33 new mults during my
run...AA3B also had 33 mults., So I felt like something was working.

It was a short NAQP for me. I worked N4IQ on 4 bands. I also worked Al, NE4EA.
51 - 80M OCF dipole at 55\'

Are you a contester located in South Carolina? If so, visit the Swamp Fox
Contest Group website at http://swampfoxcontestgroup.com

Founder of the Stateqsoparty.com