[3830] 222Up AJ6T Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 6 12:55:23 EDT 2020

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2020

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs): 0:10

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:   1  Total Score = 61

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

I had planned to operate this contest on 70cm only with 180 watts and a M2
21-element Yagi with mast mount ARR preamp.  Unfortunately, after one FT8 QSO
with nearby N4QWZ the SWR shot way up and that was the end of my contest
operation.  Evidently something went kaput with the mast mount preamp that was
controlled by a sequencer and was RF switched as well....so it should have been
well protected.  Murphy strikes again.  This was to have been the start of my
quest for 70cm VUCC in Tennessee after getting 6m and 2m VUCC many years ago
when I was in California.