[3830] WAE CW N1LN Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 10 07:41:51 EDT 2020

                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

   80:   41    16    68
   40:  174   179   108
   20:  449   475    88
   15:  110    99    68
   10:    4     0     8
-------------------------
Total:  778   769   340  Total Score = 525,980

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was a fun time and enjoyed my casual approach.  Conditions on Friday night
for both 40 and 80 were less that optimum with very high QRN levels so shut down
early. On both Saturday and Sunday the best 20 meter openings from NC were early
in the morning from 1130 UTC to 1330 UTC and then again in the afternoon from
about 2000 UTC to 0000 UTC. I was watching RBN and my EU numbers were MUCH
better during those times and were reflected in the rates. Now I understand why
EU is not strong for the weekly CW Ops CWTs.

Participation from EU was outstanding and made for fun event.  My goal was to
keep current with QTCs so not to end up with any in the bank. Well, I was
close.

Also spent some time in the MD QSO party and was able to watch several of the
presentations on the QSO Today Virtual Ham Radio Expo.  HATS OFF to the
organizers and presenters.  This was a VERY well done event and hope that many
others around the world were able to participate.

73,
Bruce N1LN