[3830] NAQP SSB AE6JV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 16 11:35:20 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

Total:  201    80  Total Score = 16,080

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I started on 15M and there were no stations. I switched to 20M and there were
stations, but it seemed most of them couldn't hear me in the pileups. After
about 1.5 hours on 20 and 20Qs I switched back to 15 and had some managed 39Qs.
After about 1:20 on 15, I went back to 20 and things were a bit better with
31Qs. Made 9Qs on 40 and broke for dinner. When I returned conditions were much
better, although still not good. 40 yielded 34 more Qs in about 1:50. I went to
80 adn in 1:30 I made 45Qs and it was almost fun. Back to 40 for the last 1:40
and made 35Qs and 11 mults and my first contacts west of the Rockies.

It was definitely a slog. Although I ran for a short time, it was mostly
S&P. I tried 160M with my 80M dipole, but no one could hear me. I had
managed 2 VE3s in the CW version of the test, but no luck with SSB. It's not
surprising.

One of the highlights was contacting K2RD, Ira in NV and having him say,
"Where were you when I was on 20?" I laughed and asked him the same
question.

20-20 hindsight says I should have taken my time off at the start of the
contest.