[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 19 16:26:43 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Aug 19

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21sa

Total:  50  Mults = 45  Total Score = 2,250

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The 1900Z session was a self-inflicted disaster.
I checked conditions on the various bands a minute
before the start by bypassing the MT-3000A tuner on
the vertical (one length for all bands). I forgot
it in that position, so SWR was more than 5 : 1
on 7 MHz, which I noticed during the QSO with Rudy
UR5MM at 1911Z. But with the proper settings my
CQ was not paying off, so I changed to 14 MHz.

After a while I noticed many strong S/P's on 14,
so I tried my CQ-luck also there, but with a poor
response. The Western sector including the U.K.
was almost completely blocked out (also at 1300Z).

Finally I tried 3.5 MHz on low PWR during the last
minutes, and signals were great and well received
on the other end mostly upon first call.

Tonight on 7 MHz the fading was somewhat awkward
and fast with very deep nulls already during the
1700Z Minitest40. Geo-magnetics have been quiet.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856