[3830] OhQP K1LT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 23 10:42:52 EDT 2020

                    Ohio QSO Party - 2020

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fairfield OH EM89ps

   15:  2+83
   10:     3
--------------------
Total:   787    0  CW Mults = 117  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 184,158

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The 2020 Ohio QSO party is my first radio activity since the IARU
test.  My excuse is that I have been putting all my available time
into a work project, which is getting close to completion after about
4 years of development.

Since last year I replaced the feedline to the 40 meter vertical and I
even soldered the connector.  Someday I'll have to weatherproof the
connector so it lasts longer than 15 years.

It was much harder to follow the mobiles this year, probably because
the mobiles were having much greater success on the higher bands.

  Mobile   Counties   Counties   QSOs   Counties
  Station  Scheduled  Worked            Missed
  K8MR     27         19         23     BELM, COLU, CUYA, GUER, HOCK,
                                        PORT, STAR, SUMM, TUSC

  K8RYU    9          8          8      WASH

  N8KR     4          3          4      DEFI

  AC8UW    4          0          0      not heard nor spotted

  AE8M     2          2          1      BROW

                      total:     36     4.5% of total QSOs

I had 83 160 meter QSOs.  They are added to the 2 15 meter QSOs.  I
don't think I worked any dupes or new multipliers on 160 but Writelog
won't tell me.

Since the software world was taken completely by surprise by the Ohio
QSO Party's minor rules change, I'll have to calculate my own score.
704 QSOs known to Writelog plus 83 more on 160 is 787 QSOs.  117
multipliers assuming no new multipliers on 160.  2 points per QSO.
787 * 2 * 117 = 184,158.

I am undecided about whether or not 160 adds much to the Ohio QSO
party fun.  This year participation was very high so we probably would
have been busy making QSOs without an additional band.  In a less busy
year, the additional band might help fill in slow periods near the end
of the party.

Because of 160 I probably spent less time on 20 and 40 in the last
hours.  Nevertheless I was able to work all the states except AK and
ND.  Missed Ohio counties are too numerous to count.

Dupes: I had 30 dupes out of 817 QSOs which seems like a lot.  My
theory is that logging programs cannot determine if K1LT is the same
station as K1LT/8.  Thus many people called me because I was CQing as
K1LT/8 after I had previously worked them as K1LT.  Contest logging
programs could be just a little smarter.

Equipment: K3S, P3, Alpha 8410 loafing, 2nd K3, P3, and tribanders and
verticals.