[3830] HiQP K4VBM SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 24 00:23:48 EDT 2020

                    Hawaii QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4VBM
Operator(s): K4VBM
Station: K4VBM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   4                     3
   20:   5      3       2      4
-----------------------------------
Total:   9      3       2      7  Total Score = 273

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

The last time I played in the HIQP was 2017 and made 3 SSB contacts.  The
previous year I had 2 SSB contacts.
After a 2 year hiatus and with newfound CW skills, I gave it a go this year
mostly playing in the evening and night time and not a whole lot of time spent
in total.

I got my 3 SSB contacts, and also made 2 FT8 contacts.  FT8 was very frustrating
with a lost QSO due to some OP start calling CQ on top of the HI station I was
in QSO with - wiping him out and causing a lost QSO. Yes, there are lots of poor
operators on FT8 who probably should tear up their tickets.  FLAME OFF.

The highlight was CW on both 20m and 40m with a total of 9 contacts.  The best
CW contact was the last one completed 30 seconds before the end of the contest
on 40m during condx barely allowing me to hear the HI station in the midst of a
pileup during the last 15 minutes but you have to try.  Big smile when I heard
him key VBM, and I sent my call again, and he came back with my call and
report!! I sent my report twice to be sure and got the TU :) :)

My best score ever for this contest.  Great fun!