[3830] WWDigi WV4P SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 30 08:06:38 EDT 2020

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2020

Call: WV4P
Operator(s): WV4P
Station: WV4P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 18:28

  160:   12     6
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  600   125  Total Score = 139,500

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

First off, Huge Congrats to K6JO Levi, he said he was going to win it and he
sure put in the effort to do so ! Took a commanding lead out the hole and never
let up. Great work.

We tested and set up for M/M HP, Everything worked good. 30 min before the start
we test and Every band kills 20M RX, WHAT ? ? We had driving rain the day before
from the remnants of Hurricane Laura, Something got wet... OK, we try LP, no
dice. Swap to single SOLP alternating bands instead of SO2R, Yuck.  Mid
afternoon, after testing several times whatever it was must have dried out
because all was well again. Bands overall were poor. Storms shut me down for
several hours about 11pm local at the peak of 80m, but they were making it very
hard to hear anyway. Not sure if it was the best way to spend a birthday but at
least the XYL got to cater to me instead of work it :) I think M/M would have
been painfully boring.

102 FT4 Q's
498 FT8 Q's

Just to many repeats and failed attempts on FT4 with the band conditions. FT-8
Slower but more productive except at the band peaks.