[3830] WWDigi W7EW SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 30 21:51:13 EDT 2020

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2020

Call: W7EW
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7EW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon

Total: 1164   163  Total Score = 490,500

Club: Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Mlt  Pt/Q
   1.8  FT8     22      36   10   1.6
   3.5  FT4     38      54    3   1.4
   3.5  FT8    233     577   34   2.5
     7  FT4     37      70    1   1.9
     7  FT8    502    1438   60   2.9
    14  FT4     16      30    0   1.9
    14  FT8    303     802   50   2.6
    21  FT8     13      36    8   2.8
 Total  Both  1164    3043  166   2.6
Score: 505,138
1 Mult = 7.0 Q's

   The box above shows an increased score due to counting 27 Qs in the log that
did not come with a grid square report.  I'd guess the real estimated score is
closer to 490,000.  I needed to add RR73 for the missing grid in each case, so
that N1MM+ could make a Cabrillo log. Then did a find/replace with a text editor
on the Cabrillo log to change each RR73 to ZZ00 so the log checkers will not
count the ungridded QSOs.  Tnx to W0YK for these suggestions to get an accurate
log.
     I'm sure this score will become lowered due to NILs and such just like in
any other RF contest.
     This contest is a 24 hour period of intense 2BSIQ. When you have 2 bands
that are open the time passes pretty quickly as the Op manages the data streams.
The Ops that can do this with CW have my greatest respect as not only are they
managing the data streams but are decoding them
 simultaneously as well.
   Thanks to all the QSO partners. And tnx to the people who supervise and run
this contest, as it takes time to do it right.  The FT8 community is very large
and this contest will help sharpen the operating skills of the Ops. There is a
huge amount of DX out there via FT8. This is truly a world-wide contest with a
different flavor than the usual legacy contests.