[3830] KsQP W0ZQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 31 10:40:21 EDT 2020

                    Kansas QSO Party - 2020

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   17
   40:  101     60
   20:    1      1
----------------------------
Total:  119     61      0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 34,422

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

2009 was the first year that I operated in-state in the KSQP as W0O.  Since then
I've missed just one year due to family needs.  This year, it was a hard
decision, but I decided to stay home as running the KSQP for me requires two
days of hotel time and, after consideration, I decided to not take the risk.  So
this past weekend while my heart was roving the green hills of eastern KS, my CW
fist was in Minnesota.  Looking back to 2009 I see that I had 581 Q's on 20m
.... this year it was 2.  Virtually no 20m propagation from MN into KS despite
checking it multiple times.  I thought that maybe we could at least get into the
far western part of the state, but nada.  40m was strong all day long with great
signals from the mobiles, even on PH. I wish more of the mobiles would have
given 80m a try but I understand that its a long day on Saturday.  Thanks to
W0BH and his crew for another fun KSQP.  My "Plan A" is to be back to
KSQP as a mobile in 2021.  73, Jon