[3830] CQWW CW VE4GV SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 00:07:19 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 21:21

   20: 1349    33       97
Total: 1349    33       97  Total Score = 408,980

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Was that FUN ? Or what?!!!!  I only worked a single band -20 but that was
insane!

1349 Q  33 zones (!) and almost made DXCC - 97 countries. Final score just under
409,000. That obliterated the Manitoba record which was set at 1985 I VE4IM at
150,000 points.

Considering how Covid has limited the DXpeditions to most of the usual islands
QTHs like PJ2T, I think that's extraordinary.  It's amazing what a few sunspots
will do to perk up the bands. I never even listened to 15 or 10 m but I could
see that there was lots of activity. The openings to the far east were
especially gratifying. Tons of Chinese stations - great BY quality cw ops. , the
Japanese were easily workable with a one call or two as were some of the tougher
countries that usually are difficult to get from VE4.

I hope everyone enjoyed the contest as much as I did. When things get better in
a year or two it's going to be a lot more fun. 73 Rob VE4GV