[3830] CQWW CW K2IW SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 07:22:37 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K2IW
Operator(s): K2IW
Station: K2IW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN32

  160:    4     3        3
   80:  142    13       48
   40:  136    14       50
   20:   94    20       58
   15:   93    18       57
   10:   31    13       21

Another setup at friends house for a big contest. Took the entire Thanksgiving
week off and did much needed repairs (that should have been done months before
if not for fallen trees and the following conversion of brush to grass).
Antennas were mostly focused on the 80/40/20/10 fan dipole and a 80m vert with 4
radials. Only time that the 80 vert was useful was for listening to Asian
stations that could not hear me, and on 10m working some oddball South American
stations who could not hear me on the fan. Marginally heard a few Asian DX Ive
never heard before besides occasional marginal digi decodes. 10m was begging to
crack open to Europe both mornings, but besides some whispers of Euro stations
who could not hear me I was let down, only Europe on 10m I managed to work was
the Isle of Man. 15m was packed up to 21130 both days, was great fun. 20m was
its normal self. 80m was really solid, picked up a few good runs on it. The key
takeaway from this contest was my wires and ~500w of cw power isn't really
enough to hold a freq and do decent runs like I can do in domestic/smaller
contests. I should have been abusing n1mm's spots to do a fast pace s&p.
Happy overall with my 500 qsos though.