[3830] CQWW CW G5Q(G3SVL) SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 13:46:43 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: G5Q
Operator(s): G3SVL
Station: G3SVL

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: East Sussex

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  171    12       47
   40:  171    13       49
   20:  138    14       39
   15:   37     9       15
   10:    6     3        5

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I had planned to be at M6T multi-multi again this year in the 160m seat but
England's Covid restrictions put paid to that. So this was a casual effort and
even by Friday evening I had not decided which band(s) to do! With no beam I
thought I would do a casual entry using inverted V antennas to cover 80 - 20m.

Having done CW RTTY and SSB as QRP I decided this time I'd do 100W. My noise
level means that running the amp makes me an alligator so LP makes sense.

I did look on 10 & 15 using the wire antennas and the K3 ATU but it was a
struggle in pile ups. I was impressed with the W's ears on 80 & 40; often
they were weak with me but came straight back.

Just before stopping at 20:58z on Sunday evening to watch the Formula 1 Grand
Prix highlights (I said this was a casual entry) I took a look on 20m and worked
PY with a wire antenna and 100W.

In the end I spent an enjoyable, relaxed, 11 hours in the chair and didn't do
the overnights I would usually do on the LF bands.