[3830] CQWW CW OL5Y SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 1 14:33:30 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: BKO

  160:  127     8       30
   80:  450    10       48
   40:  510    20       64
   20:  362    16       48
   15:  333    19       48
   10:   27    17       21

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, it was exciting 24 hours again! Very good propagation on all bands except
10m. I entered a category that does not exist (yet) – Classic SO2R :-) I hope
for a similar shorter category in the future – I cannot compete 48 hours in a
row. Probably I like my health even more than contesting, hi.
I have experienced some strange slowing-down of N1MM (the latest version) –
restart did not help. Maybe my database is too big – I must investigate it for
the next contest.
I acknowledged another thing during the contest: the difference between the old
IC756 and SDR radio (MB1) is huge even in CW mode. Finding probably a free
frequency on a waterfall is a matter of a few seconds. I can work there without
a problem with 400 Hz "filter". However, when I switch radios to the
same frequency/antenna, it is often impossible to work at all on analog radio
(two CW filters 500 Hz + 350 Hz) thanks to QRM from secondary stations. So: I am
putting another SDR TRX on my wishlist, hi.
Thank you all for calling me or answering my call! Congratulations to
unbelievable scores of KL9A and N6MJ and high QSO totals of many, many other
ops!
73! Martin

RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master,
switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.) + Inv. V @ 40m (130 ft.)
80: Inv. V @ 19m + Inv. V @ 40m (130 ft.)