[3830] ARRL 160 AB2E SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 11:38:30 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SNJ

Total:  QSOs = 706  Sections = 73  Countries = 5  Total Score = 104,609

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/Acom 2000A
Antenna: 160m Inverted L over 100ft tree, 90ft vertical.
No RX antenna at moment, but HiZ4 will be installed shortly.

Always a fun contest, managed 15 hours operating time this time. Conditions were
very poor here in SNJ in a number of ways. High noise both nights but a little
better on Saturday night. At the end of Fri night, I still needed every single
CA mult, and almost all of the 7s. Picked up a couple of each on Sat night, but
not much better. Only needed BC and NT for Canada. Never heard KH6 or KL7,
although called out many times. Only 5 countries worked outside of US/VE, CT9,
CT3, G, ZF, and CO2. Many areas that are normally booming could barely be heard.

In spite of that, best personal Q total for me, breaking 700, and also breaking
100K.

Really fun to follow the online scoreboard. It was a real motivator for me
Saturday night as I was able to move up about 10 spots on the list. Definitely a
score booster, at least for me.

OK, onward to the 10m contest next weekend!

Thanks for the all the Qs! Numerous FRCers called in, and many friends from
CWOps.

73 and all the best,
Darrell AB2E