[3830] ARRL 160 NT6V(@N6RO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 14:07:18 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: NT6V
Operator(s): WD6T N6RO NT6V
Station: N6RO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oakley, EB
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1017  Sections = 97  Countries = 19  Total Score = 215,631

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We had a lot of fun in this contest using my new US callsign. David/WD6T and
Michael/NT6V both remoted into the station from the Berkeley Hills. David used a
Flex Maestro and Michael a K3/0 and Ken/N6RO operated locally at the station. We
operated using a four square and had 2 beverage antennas and a SAL for RX.
Especially our east pointing beverage worked well picking up stations from the 5
and 4 call areas.

Rates especially during the first night were decent. Conditions to DX were not
very good out here at the West Coast. We didn’t work any SA, nor any VK/ZL
although we have had the four square pointing that way with a bit CQing away
trying to raise the multipliers we normally easily work from Radio Oakley. Only
EU worked were CT3, EA and OH1RX who called in as nice surprise on Sunday
morning in the last hour of the contest. Sections were a clean sweep during the
first night with exception of NNY which we only got in the second night. JA
stations were coming in nicely for most of the night with better signals than in
the CQWW. Nevertheless, the long QSB called for patience in picking up the calls
and we appreciate our Japanese friends hanging in for a QSB peak. We worked UA9,
BY, HL and JA from that direction.

Thanks to all for a nice contest. 73, Michael NT6V (DG1CMZ) for team Radio
Oakley