[3830] ARRL 160 K7BG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 15:02:16 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD

Total:  QSOs = 431  Sections = 74  Countries = 5  Total Score = 68,809

Club: Great Places Contest Club (GPCC)

Comments:

I made a dozen contacts the first night and then had a slumber party at the
grandkids house so this was mostly a Saturday night operation. In an effort to
join the fun I ran a quarter wave wire (*flat sloper*) across the back yard
about 15 feet average height counterpoised against the rain gutter/facia system
of the house. I tied the rain gutters together to increase loading. It
terminated in some bushes down the gulch to the east of the house. I was weak
but it was a far cry better than trying to load the rain gutters by themselves
as I had been doing. Couldn't believe some of the good ears out there. My take
off angle must be about 80 degrees. Lots of Minnesota stations! Worked all
states but KL7, KH6, and NV. Rare DX included XE, KP2, KP4, C6, and ZF. You
gotta love this hobby.