[3830] FT RUp VA7ST SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 19:33:59 EST 2020

                    FT Roundup - 2020

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: BC

Total:  565  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 29  Total Score = 47,460

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

IC7610 + Steppir 3 el./40 / 80M verticals

N1MM integration with WSJT-X worked like a dream, and make this contest lot more
fun than I expected. Still not enough stations using FT4, but we had a decent
turnout for what should be this contest's mode of preference.

Far too many not bothering to check for dupes before calling. A couple of them
worked me several times on 15M and 20M, as if I was all-new to them each time
they saw me in the call list. All in good fun though. Bailed out of many, many
time-wasted Qs with folks not in the contest but playing where the activity was
this weekend. All in good fun while the clock ticks away.

FT4 allows for good rates, but turned to FT8 once the FT4 crowd was worked
through. Sure is slow in ye olde mode from way back in 2017.

20M opening to Europe on Sunday morning was faint but helpful -- added a few EU
mults I had missed anywhere else. 15M is building but from here it's not yet
entirely ready for primetime DX-wise.

Thanks to Ed and Don for putting this one on the calendar. Really fills the void
of early December if your 160M antenna is as poor as mine.

The contestonlinescore.com scoreboard is must-have equipment for contesting
these days. Watching the scores this weekend really added to the enjoyment of
this one. Kudos to K6JO at K8Y for keeping ahead of me in the final half hour as
we jockeyed for the coveted 10th place on the running list. Beat me by 515
points as I ended up with six 0-point dupes in the last 10 minutes and that left
me in K8Y's dust.

See you in the RAC Winter on Dec. 18.

-- Bud VA7ST