[3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 6 22:24:52 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 1118  Sections = 82  Countries = 10  Total Score = 209,576

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was a short one for me.  I was not able to operate both days this year.  So
it worked out to just do the 2nd half.

After re-arranging things a little bit, I was finally ready to roll around
2330Z.

Jumping in as loud fresh meat on Saturday was something else.  The pileups were
tremendous.  I had not prepared myself for that.  It probably took another 30
minutes to find a groove.  But I settled in the chair for at the next 5 hours
and pounded away.  Just when I thought the pileups were thinning, it would take
off again.  Great fun!  I think this is also the highest number of QSOs logged
for me on the first night.  Usually I seem to get to about 800 or so.

Not much to report for DX.  Early in the pileup, EA7X busted thru the din.  I
was encouraged by that, thinking that it would be a good night to pick up EU
multipliers.  When I noticed I was not being spotted in EU, that kinda showed
how the evening would go.  I am pleased with what I could do in 14 hours.

One thing that I thought would be better were dupes.  They started early and
kept rolling in.  37 of them for the one night.  It felt like much more than
that.  It usually does come to think of it.

DX worked:

First, what I missed.  NT and PAC.  I guess I was too wrapped up in the pileup
to go snag PAC.  I also did not see it pop up on the mult list.  It may have
when I was not looking.  Bummed about missing PAC, as it is an easy one to get
(usually).

JA, C6, CM, V3, XE, ZF, PJ4, EA, F, CT3.

QSO/Sec+Dx by hour and band

 Hour      160    Total     Cumm    OffTime

D1-2300Z  63/29   63/29     63/29
D2-0000Z 179/26  179/26    242/55
D2-0100Z 165/9   165/9     407/64
D2-0200Z 121/8   121/8     528/72
D2-0300Z 123/7   123/7     651/79
D2-0400Z  94/1    94/1     745/80
D2-0500Z  18/3    18/3     763/83
D2-0600Z  66/6    66/6     829/89
D2-0700Z  52/1    52/1     881/90
D2-0800Z  38/1    38/1     919/91
D2-0900Z  41/1    41/1     960/92
D2-1000Z  40/0    40/0    1000/92
D2-1100Z  44/0    44/0    1044/92
D2-1200Z  41/0    41/0    1085/92
D2-1300Z  33/0    33/0    1118/92

Total:  1118/92

It is always a pleasure to light up W)AIH on the bands.  Especially 160.  I
think there are a lot of people out there that like hearing that as well.

73, John  K0TG