[3830] ARRL 160 VE4GV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 7 13:47:55 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 13:20

Total:  QSOs = 547  Sections = 72  Countries = 3  Total Score = 83,400

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Well, THAT was interesting.
Windows 10 upgrade nuked the Writelog bandmap display (blank) before the contest
so I decided to go HP unassisted. (Fix - found mid way through test - reinstall
Writelog...Duh)

Just for sh^%s and giggles I sent Cary (VE4EA - who is now in Ca. and operated
N7NR remote) a real time video of what my noise looked like on the rig. (Ant-
1/4 wave sloper pointed to Eu (EU???? dream on!) constant s6 city noise - kick
in the preamp and its s9+. Mag loop rcv antenna didn't help much. So if I didn't
work you (sorry K4BAI and others) its because I CAN'T HEAR ! Tried very hard to
give out the VE4 mult. but when you have power/telephone/cable lines 20 feet
from your antennas, that's what happens.   Working EU?  Don't make me laugh.

Not sure what CT9BOA is running but if I can hear HIM, its GOTTA be substantial.
 CT9, XE and ZF were the only DX I worked.  Hopefully my score was a new record
for  ANY all time VE4 category in this test.  I so miss the quiet receive condx
at VE6SV's station.

Now on to the 10 m test where I hope to DOUBLE last year's score of 120 points
and a whopping 6 QSOs.  Hardly remember the days when I had to paper log over
2000 Qs in the 10 m test.  Keep the faith. The sunspots are coming!