[3830] FT RUp K6RO SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 8 01:32:14 EST 2020

                    FT Roundup - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: CA

Total:  354  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 22  Total Score = 26,196

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Did not know there was a contest going on until I called a PJ4 who was CQing on
FT8..when he asked for a different report than my grid, I figured it out.
I went to WA7BNM to see what contest was on,and then read the rules. I quickly
put WSJT into contest mode, and started making Q’s .WSJT only does a Cabrillo
Log, so no dupe checking,mults or scoring. I mainly called CQ so I wouldn’t
waste guy’s time duping them. I had lots of paperwork to do in my shack on
Saturday,so why not do a contest between filing papers. Got up Sunday and made
more Q’s before taking a 4 hour break to play tennis..probably missed at least
100 q’s there. I had a good time in this contest ,and look forward to spending
the whole 24 hours doing it next time.
Made as many FT4 Q’s as I could before there were none more to be had,and then
switched to FT8. Many times 15m was very busy on FT8,and nobody on the much
faster FT4 mode..why ?
Next time I need to be prepared with N1MM linked to WSJT ..that should speed
things up quite a bit,and no duping guys by accident.
Not sure how to import my Cabrillo Log into N1MM to see my exact score, so I did
it the old way with a pencil.
Thanks for all the q’s..Larry K6ro

K3S
JK Navassa 2 elements on 15 and 20 at 41 feet.
End fed long wire at 10 feet for 40 and 80m.
WSJT-x