[3830] ARRL 160 K5M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 8 19:59:10 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K5M
Operator(s): AB0S K5AF
Station: K5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WTX
Operating Time (hrs): 21:44

Total:  QSOs = 1080  Sections = 83  Countries = 9  Total Score = 203,412

AB0S and K5AF decided West Texas needed more representation, so we rented a
farmhouse, put up a 45' inverted L, laid out two BOGs and had a leisurely 160
contest from the middle of nowhere.

Note, the BOGs were 'beverages on grass'.  Our farmhouse was surrounded by up to
knee high grass.  The BOG wasn't able to get closer to the ground than 12
inches, so I made them 50' longer to compensate.  They still seemed to work
well.

K3, KPA500, NCC-2.  Diversity reception with both beverages in one ear and the L
in the other.