[3830] ARRL 160 K2IW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 10 23:55:15 EST 2020

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K2IW
Operator(s): K2IW
Station: K2IW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN32
Operating Time (hrs): 15:02

Total:  QSOs = 465  Sections = 70  Countries = 15  Total Score = 83,640

Ran this contest from friends house. Again setup a 160m Inverted L with ~2k ft
of radials. Pairing this with 585ft long elevated beverage aimed at Europe, I
was looking forward to running a lot of Europeans. Sadly that was not the case.
While I still managed to work a handful of European countries, they were few and
far between. I hoped conditions would improve Saturday night, but the big North
Easterner that hit the states to my East was raising the noise floor to almost
58-59, making additional EU contacts difficult. This year however I did a lot
better working Western US than I did in the past year. I just wish I had a
reversible beverage setup, I could have easily used it to pull out the very weak
signals (to my ears) coming to me from the West Coast. Heard Hawaii once, who
didn't hear me, and heard two Alaskan stations who didn't hear me. Happily
finished my 160m WAS with working two Wyoming stations to my great pleasure.
Also happy to report that during this contest I had several 75+ qso hours while
running, a personal record for me with CW. All in all, a good time. Now to just
figure out how to get a West facing beverage up before Stew.