[3830] ARRL 10 G4FKA SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 13:02:45 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   78    22
  SSB:   23    12
-------------------
Total:  101    34  Total Score = 12,172

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

Poor conditions with a low, gainless and high angle antenna! Not the best
combination. This contest remains one of my favourites so despite the lack of
any real propagation and the SFI being much lower than the CQ WW CW weekend, it
is always worth plodding away to see what can be worked. Only 2 stations worked
outside Europe, one AS and one AF. Didn't hear anything from NA or SA. There
didn't appear to be a dominant propagation mode with Es, MS and ground wave
having their turn. I doubt the F region played much part in the weekend.
First/last QSOs on each day were 0755/1607 and 0755/1543.

IC-7610, Expert 1K-FA, 400w to a fixed wire inverted V at 5m.

Thanks as usual for all the QSOs and see you all in the next one.

Geoff G4FKA