[3830] ARRL 10 N6WM SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 19:13:58 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Discovery Bay CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~17.5

   CW:  472    59
  SSB:   61    27
-------------------
Total:  533    86  Total Score = 172,860

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A very casual effort, lots of breaks.  stops for food, chats with the XYL.  RO
station was being used by K3EST so decided to test out new 2L SteppIR urban beam
from the home qth.  I am quite pleased with this antenna given its above my roof
at abt 33 ft. , it seems to work much better than the SteppIR dipole it
replaced.

Condx were interesting.. we are no where near solar peak conditions, but
spotlight propagation, Es and some Geminids seemed to keep domestic activity
good during the day.  no EU.. some Oceania.. VK FK8 Etc.  limited carribean (ZF
FY) fair SA on friday night and Sat.

Friday night kickoff was open quite a bit later than expected with good
activity.  Sunday was unexpectedly able to run rate for 2 hours from here,
worked lots of PA, OH, GA... seemed very focused on that areas.

All in all this was just for fun, and I was able to have that fun from my little
pistol station.

Operating Condx
Flex 6600-M
Expert 1.3 KFA