[3830] ARRL 10 N1IXF SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 19:34:59 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: CT

   CW:  108    42
  SSB:  391    45
-------------------
Total:  499    87  Total Score = 105,618

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Started Friday night local time and thought "Wow this is going to be a fun
10M contest this year"... Not!  Thought I'd be on for an hour btwn 0000 and
0100 but the signal were great both CW and SSB.  Ended up working stations until
almost 0400 and figured there would be more in the am.  That forecast didn't pan
out... condx were tough, noisy and signals were few and far apart both Saturday
and Sunday.  To make things even more fun I had an occasionally intermittent S9+
arcing noise most of Sunday afternoon.  I did a little RFI hunting and it seems
to be peaking on a pole feeding 2 neighbors.  One was out decorating with Xmas
lights so he let me "sniff" his power meter... no problem there so I'm
guessing it might be the other house.  Maybe a problem with their LED Xmas
lights which had been turned on early in the afternoon.  Glad I'm retired so I
can hunt this crap down.

On a bright note, I worked lots of CT stations I've never heard before.  Things
were so slow we even got to chat about QTH, antennas and the like.  I spotted
everyone not in the bandmap.

Many thanks to those who called in or heard me S&P.

Merry Christmas and 73,
Rich N1IXF