[3830] ARRL 10 K7ZS M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 19:37:32 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): K7ZS NK7U K7RF KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Remote Operation

   CW:  570    55
  SSB:  271    32
-------------------
Total:  841    87  Total Score = 245,514

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Was afraid that with the flux dropping from a recent high back to low 80's, and
late in the week the solar disturbance, this would be a lot like the last few
years of bottom of the cycle boredom

Au Contraire!

Friday night here was pretty quiet, but Saturday around 17:00z thing got very
exciting, with SE, then NE, then Midwest, Back to SE, SW openings as the eClouds
moved around... 4 hours of great productivity.  The evening sort of sputtered
but again Sunday around the same time the East Coast was again alive and well.
We put our SSB op on Sunday around 18:30 to bring those mults into the log.

Thanks to Joe NK7U for the remote operating time, and of course the antennas and
tower work last year ... the 5 over 5 stack played great.

Jon K7RF worked the station for a while, and Andy KE7AUB came Sunday to work in
the actual clubhouse - I was remote from the house on the local LAN to support
Covid Compliant Operating.

Sure reminds us of why we like 10m so much ...

Best 73  Happy Holidays

-Kevin K7ZS