[3830] ARRL 10 K8GU SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 13 21:54:29 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: EM79vp
Operating Time (hrs): ~5

   CW:  239    47
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  238    47  Total Score = 44,744

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment: K2/100 + Drake L-4B; G0KSC 4-el on 16-foot boom (interlaced with 5-el
6m)

Drifted in and out of the shack all weekend, because that's what you do when you
have kids who never go anywhere right now!  Missed the good Friday night
conditions buying a new minivan, looking at Christmas lights, and buying a
mudroom countertop at Ikea.

My 3-year-old came in on Sunday morning before the band had fully opened and
started messing around with the "kid Bencher" and keyer I have behind
the operating position for that purpose.  It made it particularly hard to copy
the meteor pings!

Later in the morning, when the band was fully open, I was texting a friend about
our 75-meter schedule tonight, printing of coloring sheets for the 3-year-old
and 6-year-old while the 9-year-old played Minecraft Pi Edition, and running
MO/KS/OK at 120 Q/hr.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and for bearing with my distractions!

73,

--Ethan, K8GU.
http://www.k8gu.com/