[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 14 11:41:56 EST 2020

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

   CW:
  SSB:  26     13
-------------------
Total:  26     13  Total Score = 676

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
Again, like last year, it started out with great promise. Several Qs with the
big contest stations in Texas and even Mexico. Then, between 8 PM and 9 PM local
time I worked the east coast: NY, SC, CT, AL, NC, GA, and AR! WOW! What are
these guys doing on 10 Meters after 11 PM local time on 10 Meters!!

And then, like last year, THAT WAS IT. I worked 9 more Qs, most of them locals,
during the rest of the entire contest.

I did hear some South America Friday night, but too weak for my 5 watts.

N1MM+ says I operated 1.6 hours which is a joke. But it can't count all the time
tuning.  Too bad N1MM+ doesn't have an option for that. They could detect when
the dial is moving and give you two op times at the end: one using present,
traditional rules and the other including tuning time.

I did do better than last year (!!!) when I had 256 points and 16 Qs. So, maybe
we have bottomed out of cycle 24!

73,  Bill  W6QU - W8QZA