[3830] CQWW CW VA7RR SOSB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 15 22:19:31 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: BC

   20: 2060    85       33
Total: 2060    85       33  Total Score = 556,370

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Back at the home station for the CW weekend.

Solid openings and activity from the USA and Japan.  About 2-1/2 hours each day
of openings to Europe - mostly S&P only.

I got a chance to put the new ICOM IC-7610 through its paces, and the Noise
Reduction was pretty effective when beaming to JA (S-5) and somewhat effective
to the Pacific (S-7).  Luckily, most (but not all) of the time it is quieter
from here to the USA and Europe.

Antennas - rotatable 4 el Force 12 at around 68 feet, and 3 el homebrew at
around 35 feet fixed at the USA.  Many of the US contacts this time were made
with the fixed antenna - there were very loud signals all afternoon on Saturday
with none of the rapid QSB that we often encounter during low sunspot years.

It was no surprise for me that the mults weren't there, but the rates were good,
and it was both interesting and fun to run, which is what I did most of the
time.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
Gary