[3830] RAC Winter W1VE(@K2LE/1) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 19 18:28:49 EST 2020

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2020

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45
Remote Operation

   20:  330    534      10        10
Total:  330    534      10        10  Total Score = 66,520

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Zero prop on 20m after 0000z, so started contest early Saturday with
nice CW and SSB runs to Europe, before any VE propagation showed up.
Picked up NL.  As the day progressed, did not any decent short-skip to
the Maritimes.  I finally worked my NS (VE1RAC) on backscatter with the beam
on VE7.  Never worked or heard PE.

Picking 20m as an SOSB is hard, as it seems the west coast has a better
chance for mults.   The territories were well represented.  I think all
of Manitoba was on the air.  VE4GV as VE4RAC was PINNING the s-meter on my
K3 and had a massive pileup.

One of my favorite contests.  Congrats to WD6T -- had fun chasing him on the
scoreboard!

Station: K3 + Alpha 87 + Stack of 2 4L monobanders.   Thanks as always to my
pal Andy K2LE for the use of the station.

73,

Gerry W1VE/VE1RM