[3830] OK RTTY W4RN SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 19 19:24:22 EST 2020

                    OK DX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: W4RN
Operator(s): W4RN
Station: W4RN

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: VA USA FM19cb
Operating Time (hrs): 2
Remote Operation

   80:    -    -       -         -
   40:  117  618      31        17
   20:    -    -       -         -
   15:    -    -       -         -
   10:    -    -       -         -
-------------------------------------
Total:  117  618      31        17  Total Score = 29,664

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for a nice contest.  I especially enjoyed working on a frequency in the
clear for five or 10 minutes and then having a station running one of the new
modes plop right down on top of me.

There seems to be no way to tell new RTTY ops they do not need to repeat back
the report from the other station or, to send every part of the exchange and
call signs three times.  If people need fills, they can send a simple
"?" which is universally understood to mean please repeat.

It is getting increasingly difficult to achieve the rates we used to.

If you think I am a grouchy old man, bitching about everything, you're right!

Cheers!  RTTY and CW still the two best modes.