[3830] RAC Winter VE3NNT SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 20 01:05:31 EST 2020

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2020

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 18:40
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:    85             8
   80:   407            10
   40:   401            10
   20:   370            11
   15:   102             9
   10:     1             1
Total:  1366    0       49         0  Total Score = 254,898

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I had intended to do a full time effort for this, but with band conditions not
the best and internet issues with my remote, I chose to eat and sleep. I was
hoping for band conditions like we saw during the CQWW CW a few weeks ago, but
it didn't come to pass. My only 10m contact was with Yuri when he asked me to
QSY.

Compared to last year, I had about 100 fewer contacts but 10 more multipliers
(now we have PE) with more than 3 hours less operating time. My score was about
30% higher. I look forward to the new solar cycle and better conditions next
year.

I keep telling myself that I should also do SSB during this contest to really
boost my sCCOre, but I just don't seem to find the courage to torcher my ears.

Thanks for all the Qs. See you in the next one.

The internet held up for most of the time, except around noon Saturday and the
last hour of the contest. During these times, my Flex Maestro would disconnect
every 5 minutes and it took at least 2 minutes to recover everything. Lost
packets up to 15% and network delays up to 10 seconds. Bell must be traffic
shaping under high load conditions.