[3830] TBDC K4HQK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 11:19:17 EST 2020

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

Total:  QSOs = 120  Total Score = 343

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first Stew Perry! Many thanks to my friend, K4HR, for recommending it. Yes,
it was fun--plenty of activity--and I'll surely dive in again next time.

I operated S&P with low power 4-6pm, 8-10:30pm, and 6:30-7:40 EST.

On 160m I've resigned myself to working only the eastern half of the U.S. and
Canada plus a few Caribbean islands, and that was indeed my take this time.
Fortunately for us all, the QRN from earlier this week was absent. The band was
quiet, with only that maddeningly slow QSB many of us remember while listening
to radio dramas on AM radio so long ago ;-)

73 to all who all who patiently dug my signal out of the noise level!

John K4HQK
Alexandria

Station: IC-7410 barefoot and half of an 80m dipole. If I'd used my 600w amp it
would have set off the security alarm and opened the garage doors ;-)