[3830] TBDC VE3XB Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 12:24:41 EST 2020

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: VE3XB
Operator(s): VE3XB
Station: VE3XB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Ontario

Total:  QSOs = 275  Total Score = 2,100

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Since matchbox, sitting on the roof of the building at 35m high and feeding my
80m long sloper, began arcing at high power level, I was wondering if I could
deploy it to run QRP. Before the contest I did some TX tests while monitoring
signal level on RBN and was surprised to find how many radios can hear me.

At the beginning I was doing just S/P but then tried CQ-ing and had few good
runs ended the same way - when somebody decided that they can get better use of
my frequency or parked 50Hz up or down off me. So after few hours of being
pushed and abused I went to bed with 200Qs and 1.5k score.

Early Sunday morning the crowd thinned and I decided to get back to the radio.
Being fresh meat I did couple of continued runs, got quite a few juicy West
Coasters but suddenly local noise level went up to S7-8 and stayed there so I
decided to call it quits.

Very interesting but tiring experience.

Thanks everybody for the QSOs.

73 and Happy New Year!