[3830] TBDC K5PI(@W5KFT) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 14:35:06 EST 2020

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 13:03

Total:  QSOs = 698  Total Score = 3,324

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My first Stew - what a blast!

I've never been much of a "160 guy".  I have a very small lot at home,
and at the W5KFT radio ranch the old inverted vee worked well enough to pick up
the essential mults.  That antenna finally bit the dust, so I put up a new
center fed, half wave sloper with the top at 150'.  I've been very happy with it
and I've been spending more time on 160 in the last couple months.

I had some beverages at W5KFT years ago, but they were a lot of work to maintain
with the livestock.  But now, the livestock is largely gone, and I decided to
give it another try.  My wife Trish, aka TR1SH, has started coming out for some
bird watching, and she helped me put up a new NE beverage.  I finished it at
about 2230Z, grabbed a quick shower and got with it.

The new beverage seemed to work quite well, and I logged my first European at
0038. I logged 35 EU in all, including four URs but no Asia and no VK/ZL. I had
a pennant for NW and a VE3DO loop for SW, so those antennas were a bit limited.
I'm going to spend another couple days here and work on a NW beverage.

See you in another Stew soon!