[3830] TBDC K7GK(@N6RO) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 27 16:20:21 EST 2020

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 13+
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 428  Total Score = 2,238

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First, I'd like to thank Ken and team RO (and specifically Chris, N6WM) for
letting me pilot the station this time all on my own. This was such a change
from last year, when I was using a low dipole and 100W from home. Now I was on
the other side of the calling equation, sometimes not able to copy the stations,
rather than not being heard.
It's difficult to compare conditions given such disparity in the equipment from
year to year, but it looks like they were down. I was hoping to work at least
some EU, which was not to be this year and more than 8 JAs. A good portion of
the JAs were a difficult copy, but not HL5IVL, who was the only other Asian
station worked. No UA0s heard at all. I did hear ZL3IX calling other West Coast
stations with a good signal, but couldn't find the right spot to CQ to get him
to call. Working stations all over the US was a lot of fun, despite not being
able to pick out a good portion of callers.
Remote operation worked flawlessly.

Equipment:
4-Square wire array, beverage
Flex-6600