[3830] RAC Winter VA7RR SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 28 12:12:10 EST 2020

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2020

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: BC

   20:  524    794      12        13
Total:  524    794      12        13  Total Score = 142,450

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a blast!

Rates were well over 100 all day on Saturday except for the final two hours.
This was really fun.

Score is comfortably over the 124K 20M Single Band record set in 2013 by VE9HF.

Good overall activity, but the CW participation was just outstanding.  I missed
VY0 on code.

Primary antenna is a 4 el Force 12 yagi at 65 feet.  I also have a 3 el homebrew
at about 35 feet, but I did not use it much for this particular contest.  I had
the usual QRN that is often encountered here at the home QTH - about S2 to S3 or
so most of the time.  The Noise Reduction on my new ICOM IC-7610 did a
reasonable job in reducing some of it.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
Gary