[3830] MnQP AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 1 21:11:57 EST 2020

                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2020

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LES

  160:       0        1
   80:      90       34
   40:      74        2
   20:      77       15
   15:       0
   10:       0        0
-------------------------
Total:     241       52  Mults = 83  Total Score = 48,638

Club: Bloomington Amateur Radio Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 5-10 m, CW keyed entirely on a Vibroplex bug.

The rate started out pretty well on 80, but died once I tried to move to SSB and
moved to higher bands.  Throughout most of the day, I wasted a lot of time
trying to run (or even make a few contacts!) on SSB, with generally little to
show for it.  The exception was a relatively early move to 80 SSB, where I was
able to find an open frequency very near the published target frequency and held
it as people started to move down.

I heard activity on 15 m FT8 (several occasions), so called for a while on CW at
the published frequency but to no avail.  I even heard a few stations up there
(AC0W and another station were very close to the same frequency, but neither
could hear me).  I went to 10 m at noon, first on CW then SSB, again, on the
published frequencies, but with no response.  With 30 minutes or so to go, I
moved to 160 m and started calling.  Again, no response.  I tried 160 m SSB,
worked one lonely station (new one for both of us!), and that was the only other
station I heard that was involved in MNQP on 160 m.

For multipliers, I worked 42 non-MN states, 4 provinces, and DX (including F,
DL, and OM, but only as a single DX multiplier).  That leaves 36 counties (of
87) worked.  I managed to get LES thanks to N0HJZ/m---I was worried I might miss
my own county!

Overall, activity seemed down, as did propagation.  I had hoped to work OM2VL on
80 m (need OM for DXCC) like I had a couple years ago with the 1x1 callsign, but
it wasn't to be.  He was loud on 40 m CW, though!

I'm looking forward to improving my score in this event next year.  I may decide
to forego SSB altogether, though it did provide some needed mults.