[3830] NA Sprint CW K7GK(@W6JZH) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 01:04:29 EST 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: W6JZH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

After being spoiled rotten by a couple of years of operating from Zone 14,
adjusting to contesting on the West Coast was less than fun. Domestic contests,
especially NA Sprint, are certainly different in that regard. Sprint is so much
fun, it felt great to be back after a few years of absence.

This was my first attempt at Sprint with N1MM/SO2R configuration. While,
predictably, there is still a lot to learn about using two radios, I didn't feel
that it hurt my score too much. In fact, towards the end I felt that it helped
me. Particularly when 80 was a tough going, being able to pick up a few late Qs
on 40 was useful. And, boy, was 80 a struggle. I felt that I lost 100% of jump
balls on that band and hardly ever got any calls, let alone couplets. Missed
mutls that were heard are both in Canada - VE5 and VE9.

73, Den(is)