[3830] NA Sprint CW K7AMB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 09:48:13 EST 2020

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K7AMB
Operator(s): K7AMB
Station: K7AMB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cottonwood, Arizona

---------------------
Total:  15     Mults = 13  Total Score = 195

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Renegades

Comments:

By looking at my scores you might think that I only had a few minutes of
operating time. Nope.  I operated for about 90 minutes -  but this contest, and
particularly the QSY rule, really tested my new CW abilities.  First off -
everyone was wicked fast with practically no one operating in my comfort zone
(20wpm or so).  I'd say 90% of folks were well north of that speed - and at that
speed it can take me a second (maybe a third) copy to get a call/exchange
correct - which is a handicap, but not as big an issue in a typical contest
where you can listen on a frequency for a minute prior to pouncing... But this
Sprint does not lend itself well that technique.  Anyway, I do appreciate being
stretched further and am thankful to be a member of the AOCC team.  There is no
place to go but up, right?