[3830] RTTY WPX KI6DY SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 9 20:12:35 EST 2020

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: KI6DY
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14:28

Was hoping to do a M2 with VE6RAJ but we don't have all the bugs worked out that
will allow him to run his Flex 6400 remotely from Mexico. Hoping we have it
ready for NAQP at the end of the month.

So, ran SO but not too seriously. Looks like it would have been a good contest
to be "all-in" because participation was great. Conditions about as
good as could be hoped for considering the solar numbers.

Neatest part of the contest was being called by K2CR. He asked me if I had time
for a chat and tells me he's not in the contest. I'm thinking, "really, in
the middle of a contest and a nice run". But he proceeds to tell me his
last name is also Ruvolo and we agree to get in touch via e-mail after the
contest. Turns out I've worked him on FT8 but never noticed his last name was
the same as mine. A QRZ search reveals he is one of two other hams with this
last name. The other being PY2EAR in Brazil who I have never worked.

Had fun, hope you all did too. Lots of stations with some really big numbers.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)