[3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 9 21:19:54 EST 2020

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:44

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

N1MM+ worked without a hitch this time.  My home-brew station hardware did too
except for a pesky relay that every once in a while chatters.  But it does not
affect the important stuff like the audio to my sound cards.

Often when running I would experience someone starting CQing exactly 85Hz off,
usually on the low side.  I finally realized that they were using a twin
band-pass filter in their receiver.  I do confess that both the IC-7800 and the
K3 have this feature but years ago I quit using it, instead opting to use 2Tone
decoding in addition to MMTTY.  Maybe I need to reconsider this the next time it
happens!

Thanks for all the Q's.  I had fun and this weekend it took my mind off of some
personal issues that I have been experiencing...

73, Sam W4PK