[3830] RTTY WPX K3WJV SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 00:43:53 EST 2020

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: PA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I'm a new rtty user after all my years of contesting.  I made a few Q's a couple
years ago but then I let things sit. This year I have gotten things hooked back
up. Did the RTTY Roundup a few weeks ago and now this. WPX has always been my
favorite contest.

I don't know all the things that MMTTY actually does but I have it working so I
can call people and did some short stints of running. Need to refine my msgs
some but basically everything worked enough to make a splash. This was SO1R with
the K3. I like this digital contesting. Can do other things while contesting
without using headphones. TV volume can be up and I listened to my favorite
sports streaming on the internet both mornings. Wasted 2 hours of off times
until I found out they needed to be at least an hour long, hi.

Hope to be a better rtty contester for next year. Had lots of fun. I still don't
enjoy or understand the need to send baudot letters instead of numbers but
luckily it is very rarely done. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger