[3830] RTTY WPX NX6T(WQ6X) SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 01:59:15 EST 2020

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 27:35
Remote Operation

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last-minute remote operation of NX6T in Fallbrook.
I could find no one to make it a Multi-2 GiG so I dialed the Expert-1.5k
amplifier back to around 775 watts for Full-Duty RTTY.

Internet latency was often a problem.  At one point the whole remote
connection to VNC viewer died while the Elecraft K3/0 remained.  It's
frustrating to hear a pileup calling me and I can't respond back.
Turns out, a resident on the hill turned off the wrong circuit
breaker.  During the 1/2 hour down time, I found time to add to
the WQ6X log, running in Concord.

Band condx. were quite GooD all weekend.  20 meters was the band
that never produced; that is until Sunday when frequency running and
S&P operation turned it into the ToP Band.

LooK for more info about this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com