[3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 12 09:07:51 EST 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Feb 12

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 50 min

Total:  127  Mults = 107  Total Score = 13,589

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was on the low bands looking for DX.  Didn't catch the DU station.  This
season was the first time I worked HL on 80.  I checked FT8 and saw there were 3
HL stations calling CQ.  I called one and he came right back, then 4 others
called me in succession!

Started a bit late due to DXing activities.  Left the amp off as an experiment.
My score was about the same as running high power, but I suspect it would have
been better with high power because there was lots of activity and new guys got
on.  Started on 80, but it thinned out so went to 40 at 13:37. Surprisingly
continued the run on 40 with plenty of stations to work.

I should be able to do SO2R soon running low power to starting learning it
again.  I found a floppy with an SO2R configuration from 1994 as I was cleaning
the shack last week.  It had a pair of FT1000MPs.