[3830] ARRLDX CW K3HW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 19:03:03 EST 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Skippack, PA

  160:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  501   217  Total Score = 326,151

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

More points and QSOs then last year. More BIC time too. The new EAntenna delta
loop and the tried and true Carolina Windom on 40 did well.  New Alpha Delta
DX-LB for 80 worked well.  I could not hear much on 160 for some reason.
Perhaps conditions for me. I need to install a beverage for receive. That
antenna needs to go up higher!  Highlight was working from 2215-2250 on Sunday
15 JAs, AH, RT0!  Best yet I worked those off my Carolina Windom and not my
delta loop as I switched antennas and the dipole was performing better.  It is
about 25 feet higher than the delta loop.  I need to get the loop up higher this
spring.  90 percent of 20 meters and all of 15, and my one 10 meter contact were
made on the loop.  The loop and Alpha Delta DX are what I purchased with the
gift card I won from the FRC sweepstakes drawing.  Thanks to the FRC for helping
me improve my tiny station! I was able to work a lot I would have missed before!
See you in a few weeks for phone.  I will probably be a single band 20 entry for
that one.  Thanks to the DX for the QSOs. It was a fun contest! Heard plenty of
FRC members in the pileups.  73 de K3HW ..